Follow us on BlogLovin'!!!!!

Professional Reader

Tuesday 17 March 2015

New Release Review : Becoming his Master (Neighborly Affection #4), by M.Q. Barber

Blurb : 
From rescue to romance…

Teach a wounded submissive the value of his service. The task ought to be an easy one for an experienced dominant like Henry Webb.


But novice Jay Kress challenges his teacher like no other. Still bearing the bruises of an encounter outside the bounds of safe consensual play, Jay is desperate to submit to the man who saved him—and shamed by his desires.


Henry recognizes the dangers of a relationship built on hero worship. He’ll teach Jay how to stay safe, that’s all. He won’t take advantage of the younger man’s trust. He won’t share his fantasies about his dark-haired, athletic student. He’ll never claim this submissive for his own...






My Review: 

In the beginning, I thought I would be reading a familiar story with a storyline I've read before. 
That didn't happen. 
The beginning of the book was different from what i expected and that went on for the rest of the book.
We are guided from Henry's point of view as to what is happening, what has to be done and what the possible outcome can be.
What felt kinda strange to me was the way Henry was talking, the words he was using, his expression in general. It can be attributed on his job, though some times I felt like he was older than what was said in the book. 
Another thing that surprised me was the character's closeness, without actual sex happening. It shows how deep a relationship can go, even with mutual acts of trust!
It also has me wondering of The story between Victor and Emma, which I would love to read as well. 
I think that all M/M lovers should buy this book, even if it's to see a different perspective in BDSM.
Needless to say, I've already added the rest of the books from this author in my tbr, very close to the top!!!!

I was given an advanced copy, through netgalley, from the editor, in exchange of my honest opinion.


http://www.amazon.com/Becoming-His-Master-Neighborly-Affection-ebook/dp/B00ONTR8AY 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23942175-becoming-his-master

No comments:

Post a Comment