Follow us on BlogLovin'!!!!!

Professional Reader

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Book Bliz :A Mirrors Beginning



Title: A Mirrors Beginning: John Brooks
Series: Mirrors
Author: KG Stutts
Publisher: Distinguished Press

Synopsis:

Life can be rough for some. For one man, life was insurmountable. One dead end after another lead him in and out of jail more times than he ventured to count. One such occasion changed everything.

Charlie Westlake is a man on a mission to bring together one of the top teams the universe has ever seen. On this trip, he will bring an empty man into the fold. Will he make it?

John Brooks enters the ISC in this, a prequel to Mirror Image.




Excerpt:

John sat down in the chair opposite of the office desk, watching Charlie intently. The commander folded his hands on top of the desk. Disappointment filled Charlie’s eyes and for the first time in a long time, John felt ashamed.

When I brought you in here, I knew it would take some time adjusting,” Charlie began. “Time which I gladly gave.”
I am grateful for all you’ve done for me.”
I know you are. For the most part, you are prospering. You’ve come a long way, John.”
Thank you.”
But these reports I’ve gotten recently disturb me.”

John kept his eyes on Charlie and didn’t speak.

Picking fights among your team, refusing to fall in line to your leader, often disobeying orders--“
Sir, sometimes Melissa’s orders are ridiculous.”
She told me you’d say that. She says you are uncooperative.”
I speak my mind. She doesn’t like it.”
No, she certainly doesn’t.” Charlie leaned back in his chair, stroking his chin. “What do you fight for?”

John blinked a few times, confused at the question. “Huh?”
It’s a simple question. What do you fight for?”

Charlie stood up, walking around and sitting down on the edge of the desk. “Do you fight for Earth? For your brothers? Yourself? What drives you, John? What makes you get out of bed in the morning?”
John thought about it. “Duty.”
Duty,” Charlie repeated.
I want to work here. I want to be a part of something.”
That’s not going to do it.” Charlie shook his head.

Buy Links:
Smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/483959

No comments:

Post a Comment